Path time series

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

orodzarrin

Path time series

Post by orodzarrin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:57 am

Hello
there is a problem when i use the below commend and shows this error : can not open file acclartificial
what is the problem?

set Gaccel "Series -dt 1 -filePath acclartificial";
pattern UniformExcitation 2 1 -accel $Gaccel ;
Last edited by orodzarrin on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Path time series

Post by fmk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am

as the error says, it cannot open the file. acclartificial. i am guessing the file has a file extensio. If so this extension also need to be included in the set Gaccel. If no extension, the program does not see the file named in the curent directory that it is operating in.

orodzarrin

Post by orodzarrin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:03 am

what's the meaning of extension exactly ?i write it in Text Document.
about the directory i am sure that is correct, i put in opensees program folder.

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:21 pm

if you wrote it in text it is probably .txt .. all files are typically named : name.ext, the .ext is the extension part and what windows uses to determine what applicatiion to open if you click on the file. OpenSees doesn't use the file extension, but it does need to know what it is.

the windows browser only shows the name part of a file, the type shows the application associated with the extnsion. to see the actual full filename use a Terminal windows and type dir