Moment Curvature Analysis of FRP Confined Columns

If you have a script you think might be useful to others post it
here. Hopefully we will be able to get the most useful of these incorporated in the manuals.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

Andre Tahmasebian

Moment Curvature Analysis of FRP Confined Columns

Post by Andre Tahmasebian » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 pm

I wonder if anyone has conducted moment curvature analysis for FRP retrofitted columns? I wish to have more information regarding the modeling of new confinement models based on ACI440.2R-2008 updates or Lam and Teng Model of confinement by FRP.
ATahmasebian

kengawk

Re: Moment Curvature Analysis of FRP Confined Columns

Post by kengawk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:53 am

maybe try confinedconcrete01?
Kai Zhang
------------------------------
PH.D. candidate
School of Civil Engineering&Architecture
Beijing Jiaotong University

linguan118

Post by linguan118 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:53 pm

For section analysis, you can just use such as confinedconcrete01 model which has shape similar to Lam and Teng's model.
But for cyclic loading, one option is to build a new material based on Lam and Teng's FRP model, then use fiber section beam-column element to conduct the analysis.
Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
guanlin@polyu.edu.hk

Andre Tahmasebian

Post by Andre Tahmasebian » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 am

Dear All,

I wonder what exactly the parameter L means in ConfinedConcrete01 Material. It indicates that it is Length/parameter but if it is length only will make sense, otherwise, I do not have any sense about it.

Andre

http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... 1_Material
ATahmasebian

Andre Tahmasebian

Post by Andre Tahmasebian » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Dear All,

To model a confined concrete with FRP wraps for Lam and Teng Model I used following code but it did not worked very well with indicating program cannot create UniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01. would you please give me some advise.

#uniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01 $tag $secType $fpc $Ec -epscu $epscu -varub $L1 $phis $S $fyh $Es0 $haRatio $mu $phiLon -wrap $cover $Am $Sw $fuil $Es0w
uniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01 1 C -$fcp $Ec -epscu -$e_ccu -varub $L1 $D_h $lz_S $fy $E0 0.03 60 $d_b -wrap $cover $Am $Sw $ful $Es0w;

I appreciate your kind reply.
ATahmasebian

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Wed May 02, 2012 4:18 pm

puts your command to see what the command line actually reads in case you have a messed up variable;

i.e. puts "unaxialMaterial Conncrete01 1 C -$fpc ...... "

Andre Tahmasebian

Post by Andre Tahmasebian » Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Dear Franck,

here it is

uniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01 1 C -$fcp $Ec -epscu -$e_ccu -varub $L1 $D_h $lz_S $fy $E0 0.03 60 $d_b -wrap $cover $Am $Sw $ful $Es0w;

Yours,
Andre
ATahmasebian

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm

i want to see what the values are for your variables in the command line, if you puts the whole command line it will output that to the screen.

i.e. puts "uniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01 1 C -$fcp $Ec -epscu -$e_ccu -varub $L1 $D_h $lz_S $fy $E0 0.03 60 $d_b -wrap $cover $Am $Sw $ful $Es0w; "

will spit the actual command and values instead of the command and variable names.

Andre Tahmasebian

Post by Andre Tahmasebian » Sun May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Frank,

I believe I did not replied to your email. I put following values and I was in trouble. I wonder if you have a simple but complete sample as an input file for FRP moment curvature analysis.

Please find following lines inputs which I provide in OpenSees Model and I will love to send the complete files which I have with input data.
# uniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01 1 C $fpc $Ec -epscu $e_ccu $D_g $d_b $lz_S $fyh $Es0 $haRatio $mu $db -wrap $cover $Am $Sw $fuil $Es0w "

I appreciate your kind reply and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours,
Andre
ATahmasebian

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm

i want to see what the values you are providing are as the command looks o.k. .. to see these values i need you to put this line before your command:

puts "uniaxialMaterial ConfinedConcrete01 1 C $fpc $Ec -epscu $e_ccu $D_g $d_b $lz_S $fyh $Es0 $haRatio $mu $db -wrap $cover $Am $Sw $fuil $Es0w"

and post the results .. it is the same command, it just outputs it to the screen with the variables replaced with the actual values.