openseesmp.exe doesn't start

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

Moderator: selimgunay

johnnyontheweb

openseesmp.exe doesn't start

Post by johnnyontheweb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to use openseesmp between 2 pcs with windows xp pro sp3 and, when I launch the program, nothing appears and the executable terminates immediatly.
In my laptop I used successfully (host OS and virtual machine, one processor each), I did the same thing in these two pcs and nothing works.
How can I obtain an error message to see what's wrong?

I'm quite sure that the configuration of MPICH2 is fine, because "cpi" example process is executed correctly (mpiexec -np 2 -machinefile \\sharedlocation\mfile.txt cpi.exe). The string I use to launch is:
mpiexec -np 2 -machinefile \\sharedlocation\mfile.txt openseesmp \\sharedlocation\ex4.tlc

Thanks,
Giovanni

ps
The link to downloading the newest version of parallel OpenSees is broken, please fix it, I'm yet trying with 2.2.2.

johnnyontheweb

Re: openseesmp.exe doesn't start

Post by johnnyontheweb » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:55 am

SOLVED: Parallel OpenSees v2.2.2 cannot be used with MPICH2, but it seems compatible until version 1.3.1 (stable).
The things I told in the previous post happened with MPICH2 v1.4p.1.

The link for downloading parallel version of Opensees is still broken.

Foodfast04

Post by Foodfast04 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am

hello, johnnyontheweb, is it work with Windows Vista sp3? I really would like to do same, please let me know.
I'm John Smith and this is my blog http://www.alegriashoesonsale.org/

johnnyontheweb

Post by johnnyontheweb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Fooddast04, yes, I tried also with Windows 7 64 bit, but I have installed MPICH x86 v1.3.1 in all machines. I think also Vista SP3 will work for sure, please do early tests disabling the OS firewall.