Teragrid Binary Availability

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

Moderator: selimgunay

dborello

Teragrid Binary Availability

Post by dborello » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 am

What Teragrid resources have OpenSees binaries available for them? This week NCSA Abe will be shutting down, forcing me to find a new home. I have access to LONI Queen Bee and NCSA Abe. Compiling OpenSees seems to be a complicated procedure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

dborello

Re: Teragrid Binary Availability

Post by dborello » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:11 am

Lonestar seems to be the new Intel-Linux cluster on the block. It seems perfectly suited for OpenSees. Has anybody compiled a binary on Lonestar?

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 pm

yes. there is a MAkefile.def in the MAKES directory.

dborello

Post by dborello » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 am

When I get access to Lonestar I will pursue this. I was a little bit hesitant of the MAKES directory, since most of the Makefiles.def haven't been updated in 1000s of days. For example, Makefile.def.LONESTAR is significantly older than the cluster (perhaps it was for a previous incarnation).

Unfortunately, as a user (and not a developer) of OpenSees, debugging compiling errors is beyond my expertise. For example, what libraries are required in the environment file.

That is why I was hoping to find precompiled binaries. I will give compiling a shot in the near future.

Thanks,
Dan

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu May 05, 2011 9:14 am

when you get acees to the machine let me know .. i can help you build it.

dborello

Post by dborello » Fri May 06, 2011 2:49 pm

I now have access to the machine. Two of us are going to tackle compiling this weekend. Our cluster compiling skills are a little weak. If you have any helpful pointers, we would appreciate it.

I was considering starting with Makefile.def.LINUX_Redhat_EL5, since Lonestar is CentOS 5.5. If you think a different Makefile.def is a better starting point, please let us know.

Thank you for your offer to help.

shikender

Analytic Models

Post by shikender » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 am

Hello,
Appropriate management information derived from MED [url=http://www.potentiamed.com/]Analytic Models[/url] and MED Intelligence to support medical decisions and track short and long-term patient outcomes. This information, received by providers and connected medical devices, provides the basis for rich patient knowledge management resources.