Can not create the uniaxial material QzSimple2

A forum dedicated to users with questions regarding soil materials and elements.

forum currently locked

Moderator: Moderators

Ofsi

Can not create the uniaxial material QzSimple2

Post by Ofsi » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi,

I'm new to OpenSees so I'm kinda just going through examples trying to work in some understanding by the usual trial and error and so forth. I'm planning to compare BNWF in OpenSees with Ansys FE model made with "appropriate" contact elements. However I'm going through the wiki http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... ndationGen and following the guidelines there. But I always run into trouble that OpenSees displays a warning where the "uniaxialMaterial QzSimple2" can not be created. I've cross referenced the files generated and provided for any errors and can't find any, but I can create QzSimple1 which is used in the PEER2007/4 report so I'm wondering if I should go to the generated file and modify all the materials to simple1 or if I'm missing a critical addon?

stxsocswim17

Re: Can not create the uniaxial material QzSimple2

Post by stxsocswim17 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 am

This issue is new as of version 2.3.0, and has not been resolved in version 2.3.1. The QzSimple2, PySimple2 and TzSimple2 all worked as of version 2.2.2.

Frank, is there anywhere that previous versions can be downloaded? I made the mistake of overwriting my OSX version of 2.2.2 with 2.3.1 without checking if my models were working first.

Thanks

Ofsi

Re: Can not create the uniaxial material QzSimple2

Post by Ofsi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi it seems that we can assist each other I hope. At least I was able to modify the link to access another build of OpenSees i.e. http://opensees.berkeley.edu/OpenSees/c ... .2.exe.zip so I'm going to give the QzSimple2 a try there. I'm now just crossing my finger that the Flexure-Shear Interaction Displacement-Based Beam-Column Element works there.