Runtime error in soil-structure interaction problem

A forum dedicated to users with questions regarding soil materials and elements.

forum currently locked

Moderator: Moderators

sreedharrao144

Runtime error in soil-structure interaction problem

Post by sreedharrao144 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 am

Sir,
I am working in soil structure interaction problem.Soil domain is having above 2.5lac nodes and element.While doing static gravity analysis is showing one error message."This application has requested the run time to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the application's support team for more information".Please help me in this regard.What was that message and Why it came?

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Runtime error in soil-structure interaction problem

Post by fmk » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

sounds like you are running out of memory .. the parallel apps might be able to help .. to know which to use youneed to see if the error occurs during the model generation or during the analysis .. use some puts to find out where.

sreedharrao144

Re: Runtime error in soil-structure interaction problem

Post by sreedharrao144 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Thank you for the reply sir.yes I am facing this problem at the analysis.Actually Tcl editor file can able to take upto 2MB.I divided the whole file into small 2MB files.I wrote code to call those files using source command. I kept puts for each file.All the files which includes model generation were running fine but the problem was only with analysis file.Analysis includes gravity static analysis.While executing the analysis file,this error message came.And by the way,parallel apps means,is that connecting more than one computer for the analysis in parallel?