Pressure Dependent material

A forum dedicated to users with questions regarding soil materials and elements.

forum currently locked

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro Montenegro
Location: Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal

Pressure Dependent material

Post by Pedro Montenegro » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:55 am

Dear users:

I'm starting to model a soil-structure interaction problem and i'm thinking on using the PressureDependent modelo for the soil.
I'd already read something about this model but i still dont have enough literuture about it. Can any one say me where i can find some papers which explains the main topics of this constitutive model and how i can calibrate it with lab tests? (which tests i should do, how can i get the parameters, etc).

Best Regards

Pedro Montenegro
PhD student, Porto, portugal

mlw

Re: Pressure Dependent material

Post by mlw » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi,

There is a paper in EJGE called 'Free field analysis of liquefiable soils' by Y. Chen, X. Liu and H. Dai.
This gives a method to calculate the liquefaction parameters based on field and lab testing.
I found this on the Auckland University databases but you might be able to get it online or off your own university databases.

mlw

injelve

The OpenSees Community • Post a reply

Post by injelve » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:48 am

[quote]Hi,There is a paper in EJGE called 'Free field analysis of liquefiable soils' by Y. Chen, X. Liu and H. Dai.This gives a method to calculate the liquefaction parameters based on field and lab testing.I found this on the Auckland University databases but you might be able to get it online or off your own university databases.mlw[/quote]

aminasareh

Re: Pressure Dependent material

Post by aminasareh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 am

Hi

This website has lots of examples on those materials.
http://cyclic.ucsd.edu/opensees/

Thanks
M.A.Asareh