OpenseesMP Compilation error with DistributedSuperLU

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

Moderator: selimgunay

vjella

OpenseesMP Compilation error with DistributedSuperLU

Post by vjella » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Hello everyone, I am compiling OpenSees version 3.3.0 using Makefile.def.CentOS7.9 for our HPC running on CentOS8.2
I am very close to creating the OpenSeesMP. (Please note that there is no problem for OpenSees in sequential), where I face the final error:

g++: error: /software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/system_of_eqn/linearSOE/sparseGEN/DistributedSuperLU.o: No such file or directory
g++: error: /software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/system_of_eqn/linearSOE/sparseGEN/DistributedSparseGenColLinSOE.o: No such file or directory

I know that the output files were not created hence I went into the directory and tried to compile by myself:
cd /software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/system_of_eqn/linearSOE/sparseGEN/
make

I then faced the following error:

In file included from /software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/matrix/Vector.h:34,
from /software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/system_of_eqn/linearSOE/sparseGEN/SparseGenColLinSOE.h:40,
from DistributedSuperLU.cpp:33:
/software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/OPS_Globals.h:46:16: warning: unnecessary parentheses in declaration of ‘opserrPtr’ [-Wparentheses]
#define opserr (*opserrPtr)
^
/software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/matrix/f2c.h:95:8: note: in expansion of macro ‘opserr’
{ flag opserr;
^~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:44:1: error: ‘superlu_options_t’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘superlu_scope_t’?
superlu_options_t options;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
superlu_scope_t
DistributedSuperLU.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int DistributedSuperLU::solve()’:
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:146:10: error: ‘options’ was not declared in this scope
if ((options.Fact == FACTORED) && (theSOE->factored == false)) {
^~~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:155:23: error: ‘options’ was not declared in this scope
pdgssvx_ABglobal(&options, &A, &ScalePermstruct, Xptr, ldb, nrhs, &grid,
^~~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int DistributedSuperLU::setSize()’:
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:237:21: error: invalid conversion from ‘LUstruct_t*’ to ‘int_t’ {aka ‘int’} [-fpermissive]
LUstructInit(n, &LUstruct);
^~~~~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:237:30: error: too few arguments to function ‘void LUstructInit(int_t, int_t, LUstruct_t*)’
LUstructInit(n, &LUstruct);
^
In file included from DistributedSuperLU.cpp:40:
/software/external/opensees/OpenSees/SRC/../OTHER/SuperLU_DIST_2.0/SRC/superlu_ddefs.h:250:16: note: declared here
extern void LUstructInit(const int_t, const int_t, LUstruct_t *);
^~~~~~~~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:244:29: error: ‘options’ was not declared in this scope
set_default_options_dist(&options);
^~~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:244:3: error: ‘set_default_options_dist’ was not declared in this scope
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DistributedSuperLU.cpp:244:3: note: suggested alternative: ‘set_default_options_Distributed’
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
set_default_options_Distributed
make: *** [../../../../Makefile.def:305: DistributedSuperLU.o] Error 1

Please let me know if you have any solution or I would appreciate if you can send me the 2 missing files: DistributedSuperLU.o and DistributedSparseGenColLinSOE.o

pavelbuyeu

Re: OpenseesMP Compilation error with DistributedSuperLU

Post by pavelbuyeu » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:55 am

Hi vjella,

Do you solve issue? If yes, please, post here.
Founder of startup LocalProBook