MPICH2 on windows 10

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

Moderator: selimgunay

alghossoon

MPICH2 on windows 10

Post by alghossoon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi all,

I have installed MPICH2 successfully but when I type "mpiexec -np 4 openseesmp myfile.tcl" it only shows a new command line, I tried uninstall and reinstall MPICH2 several time but I'm still getting the same thing. can you please help me with that.

Thanks

marthasimons

Re: MPICH2 on windows 10

Post by marthasimons » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:52 am

It sounds like you are encountering an issue with running OpenSeesMP with MPICH2. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check that MPICH2 is properly installed and configured on your system. You can do this by running "mpiexec -n 1 hostname" to see if it returns the name of your machine. If it does not return anything, it may indicate that MPICH2 is not properly installed or configured.

Make sure that your MPI implementation and OpenSeesMP are both compiled with the same version of MPI. If they are compiled with different versions, this can cause issues when running OpenSeesMP.

Check that your MPI environment variables are set up correctly. You can do this by running the command "mpiexec --version" to check the version of MPI that is being used, and "mpicc -show" to check the MPI compiler that is being used. Make sure that the output of these commands matches the version and compiler that you expect to be using.

Try running a simple MPI program to test your MPI installation. You can find sample MPI programs online or in the MPICH2 documentation. If the sample program runs successfully, it may indicate that the issue is specific to OpenSeesMP.
Don't worry darling worry be happy :D :D :D