and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP
Have you ever tried to run OpenSeesSP on windows 10? I am wondering should we again install MPICH or MS-MPI for windows 10? MPICH does not support windows after 1.p1.1 version.
I installed and registered MPICH on my windows 10 but it seems that there is a problem running the model in parallel. Then I tried to install MS-MPI and I was not successful in this step.
You time in appreciated.
Just a quick question, have you ever faced a condition that, OpenSees sequential solves a problem perfectly but OpenSeesSP cannot solve it?
By not solving, I mean it seems to be solving but it does not record anything.
My model has two material if it helps. I tried SP for other homogeneous models and it worked fine. But, it does not work for the mentioned model. It seems that it solves nothing.
Did you have a problem like "child killed: unknown signal"?
When I type command "mpiexec -np 4 OpenSeesMP Test.tcl" it gives that error?
by the way, mpich2 is working in windows 10.
● Windows 10 Home: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
● Windows 10 Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
● Windows 10 Home Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
● Windows 10 Home Country Specific: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
● Windows 10 Professional: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
● Windows 10 Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
● Windows 10 Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
● Windows 10 Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
● Windows 10 Enterprise: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
● Windows 10 Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
● Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB: WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9
● Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB N: 2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ
> It is solved and works perfectly.
> Just a quick question, have you ever faced a condition that, OpenSees
> sequential solves a problem perfectly but OpenSeesSP cannot solve it?
> By not solving, I mean it seems to be solving but it does not record
> My model has two material if it helps. I tried SP for other homogeneous
> models and it worked fine. But, it does not work for the mentioned model.
> It seems that it solves nothing.
I've Windows 7 installed PC, and I'm planning to buy a laptop with windows 10. Can you explain the steps of how you have resolved the issue? I would like to run OpenSeesSP on my laptop, and I'm glad to find your post here. I will appreciate your help. Thank you.