CAELinux

A forum dedicated to feature requests and the future direction of OpenSees, i.e. what would you like, what do you need, what should we explore

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

ahmetalperparker

CAELinux

Post by ahmetalperparker » Tue May 01, 2007 10:28 am

There is a linux distro called CAELinux and it is a special distro focused on CAE programs like FEA programs. Can we distribute OpenSees with CAELinux? There are fea programs like salome, calculix, impact, etc and I am sure OpenSees will be a great opportunity for the users.
Thanks
Ahmet Alper Parker

sb1966

Regarding Inclusion of OpenSees in CAELinux

Post by sb1966 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 am

Hi all,
I have tried both CAELinux and OpenSees. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. What i believe, OpenSees is obviously more suited for Eqke Engg. Simulation.

However, if OpenSees needs to get wide applicability and consequent reduction of Earthquake Hazard of the built environment, it must have GUI for Pre-Post processing.

I have raised this issue many a times, (with another log-in name of course in OS forum; now i cant use that login name; probably it has been deactivated). But, surprisingly, I have not got any response from Moderators of any of the Forums, neither in CAELinux forums nor from OS forums.

I believe, inclusion of OpenSees in CAE Linux will really solve a big issue by integrating Salome with OpenSees. Input Tcl Script is of course another barrier in the process. Gmsh might be a better choice, but Trnaslation into Tcl has to be done by another module. For Post processing recorder files must be converted to Gmsh format.

I look forward to work in this directions, though i am not a professional programmer, on collaborative basis with any one who is really interested and serious about the need.

Hope I would listen to some serious response some day in near future.

Thanks to all

(Sukumar)