nD Concrete Material

A forum dedicated to feature requests and the future direction of OpenSees, i.e. what would you like, what do you need, what should we explore

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

trin

nD Concrete Material

Post by trin » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:38 am

Dear Developers,
I am trying to model a concrete wall which behaviour is controlled by flexural and shear deformations. I was therefore wondering whether there is a concrete material which I could use in conjunction with brick elements? Or could you recommend any other way of modelling the problem?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Trin

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:37 pm

Hello Trin,

You can try using Template 3D EP, there we have Leon Parabolic model that is used for concrete...
You can allways use Drucker-Prage or mohr-Coulomb as well...

Boris

jwaugh

Post by jwaugh » Thu May 12, 2005 12:22 pm

What is the aspect ratio of the wall in question? Also what is the type of wall you are working with, rect, T, C, etc. I am working on T-walls and am using fiber beam-column elements, it is fast to solve, and for a rectangular wall I modeled gave me very good results. The wall had a aspect ratio of 3:1. T-walls don't waor as good but I am trying to fix that now. Hope that helps..

Boris

shear deformation with fiber elements

Post by Boris » Fri May 13, 2005 6:13 am

how do you take into account the shear deformation in walls (which is the predominant mode of deformation) using fiber elements (1D, Bernoulli beam, plane cross section theory behind it...)?

Boris