OpenSees compling

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

go2shin

OpenSees compling

Post by go2shin » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:59 pm

I have a difficulty in compiling opensees source.
I tried to follow the instuction in OpenSees website, but I got error messages (fatal error c1083; cannot open include file: 'tcl.h').

This is the way I have done...

1) uninstall the old version of tcl
2) download 'activeTcl 8.4.6 - binary' which is linked by the web page that gives instructions on how to compile in opensees website
3) install it under C:\Program Files\tcl - however, there was no installation wizard that asks selecting for includsion of tcl header and library files.
4) As expected, I got error messages related 'tcl.h'.

Please, let me know if you have similar experience and solution.

Hyung-suk

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:26 pm

did you look to see if you have the header and library files?? .. they will be in
C:\Program Files\tcl\include and C:\Program Files\lib

fkar

OpenSees Compiling

Post by fkar » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:29 pm

i've also faced similar problems in the past. here are a few steps that might help you:
1. install the latest version of tcl/tk including the libraries and the .h files.
2. say your compiler where to find them. from the error number i assume that you use the visual studio, so go to menu item project>settings. in the c++ tab, category preprocessor, for the configuration you care about (debug, release or both) and for each project add in the additional include directories field the path where the above files are included, e.g. "c:\Program Files\tcl\include".
3. perhaps you'll now meet difficulties with the header files of tcl, because they include some others with a rather awkward manner for the windows filesystem (using for example \ instead of /). the simplest (but not the most elegant) way to get rid of this mismatch is to replace these paths by the exact ones, using the "" marks.
i hope this was helpful.

fotis._