Non-Conventional TMD, large mass ratio using some roof's Mas

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

mkcivilsepehr

Non-Conventional TMD, large mass ratio using some roof's Mas

Post by mkcivilsepehr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:05 am

Dear fmckenna
I am going to model a 3D 8 steel story with a tuned mass damper, which is used for example, seventh and eighth isolated roof's mass to provide a higher mass ratio in addition to its initial mass. Also, to isolate the roofs, it supposed that the KikuchiAikenHDR material. As the first attempt I built my model without any TMD, but I have some problem in the determination of the total weight of the structure. Newton, meter and Sec are used for the force, length and time, respectively. My model has 9 columns, so there are 9 nodes on the ground. The recorder Node -file $FileName/weight.txt -node 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 -dof 3 reaction presents the reaction of each node in 9 columns, considering the Z direction. By summing the values of last row for each column total weight should be captured, which in this case is 29112973 N or almost 2911.2 ton. Could it be correct? Also, it should be mentioned that I have used master node for each story considering a mass (kg) in X & Y directions as the seismic mass. So to load on the beam elements, should I use the eleLoad command considering N unit?
I am looking forward from you