How to model concrete and reinforcement separately??

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

apir

How to model concrete and reinforcement separately??

Post by apir » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Dear colleagues,

I'm interested in modelling of concrete members in detail. I'm wondering if it is possible to embed reinforcement in a concrete member (similar to Abaqus)? Is there any command?
As far as I see, there are a) fiber and b)Plane Stress Concrete models available but it is reported that the plane stress concrete model does not work properly. Could you please let me know if I'm missing anything?
Is there any way to build a nonlinear reinforced concrete section with diagonal reinforcement?

Thanks,
Pir

assignmenthelp

Re: How to model concrete and reinforcement separately??

Post by assignmenthelp » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:35 am

Yes, I agree with annieoroberts, but a few common changes need with this.The best way to model reinforcement depends on the type of your modelling. In Shell and Membrane Elements; the preferred method for defining repair is defining the layers of reinforcement as part of the elementary section- In Solids: the preferred method is embedding reinforced surface or membrane elements in host (solid) element- The alternative method in shell membrane and continuum elements is as an element property. Thanks