Matrix::Solve for dll Projects

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

salehi

Matrix::Solve for dll Projects

Post by salehi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I have written a C++ code for an element which needs the function Matrix::Solve to multiply the inverse of a matrix by a vector in its formulation. Now I have managed to make the dll file, but when I try to run an example model, I get this error which says this function is not implemented for dll. I took a look at Matrix.cpp and it seems that for the dll projects this function returns -1. Could anybody let me know if I have an option other than using the function Matrix::Solve to do my operation? Do I have to build the whole OpenSees instead of the dll for my element?

Thanks so much in advance.
Mohammad Salehi
Graduate Research Assistant
PhD Student - Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics
University of Colorado at Boulder

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Matrix::Solve for dll Projects

Post by fmk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:15 pm

you will have to build the whole OpenSees project for now .. otherwise you could uncomment and build a dll that inlcuded the missing lapack and blas routines.

salehi

Re: Matrix::Solve for dll Projects

Post by salehi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks Frank, I tried building the whole OpenSees project and it worked after resolving some errors. By the way, I could not download the zip file of the new version and I had to build the 2.2.2 version; is this version fine? I tried to get the newest files from SVN using TortoiseSVN, but I faced too many errors while debugging, saying that some .lib files are not found.
Mohammad Salehi
Graduate Research Assistant
PhD Student - Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics
University of Colorado at Boulder