Problem with new element

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

gst77

Problem with new element

Post by gst77 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Dear Frank,
I'm adding a new element but get errors when compiling.
I have read the guide to add a new element in C ++, the guide to compile and source code of several elements (truss2D.cpp, FourNodeQuad.cpp, ZeroLength.cpp, etc) to write the new element that has 6 materials. Still, I do not succeed to compile the code.
I can send you the file and .cpp .h to tell me that I'm wrong?
I could compile a new material but not the new element.
The file is not complex, but is long to copy here.
Some errors are:

Error 1 error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'UniaxialMaterial **' to 'UniaxialMaterial *'
Error 9 error C2601: 'MasonPan::commitState' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 5 error C2601: 'MasonPan::getExternalNodes' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 14 error C2601: 'MasonPan::getInitialStiff' : local function definitions are illegal Error 6 error C2601: 'MasonPan::getNodePtrs' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 7 error C2601: 'MasonPan::getNumDOF' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 13 error C2601: 'MasonPan::getTangentStiff' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 10 error C2601: 'MasonPan::revertToLastCommit' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 11 error C2601: 'MasonPan::revertToStart' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 8 error C2601: 'MasonPan::setDomain' : local function definitions are illegal
Error 3 error C2678: binary '==' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'UniaxialMaterial' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
25 IntelliSense: expected a ';'
50 IntelliSense: identifier "end10Ptr" is undefined ---------------- [b]//end10Ptr and others are defined!!!!!!!![/b]
53 IntelliSense: identifier "end11Ptr" is undefined
60 IntelliSense: identifier "Nd1" is undefined
52 IntelliSense: identifier "Nd10" is undefined

Thank you very much for your help and time!!
Gonzalo

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Problem with new element

Post by fmk » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:35 pm

these should really be trivial to work through .. i suggest you try before sending as you will actually learn something