"internal force" as a function of time

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

abbasp
Location: International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES)

"internal force" as a function of time

Post by abbasp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:08 am

Dear fmk,
Is it possible for me to define the "internal force" as a function of time? I mean is it possible to implement "delta t" in the element class so that the element internal force could be dependent on the time steps?

Thanks.

fmk
Site Admin

Re: "internal force" as a function of time

Post by fmk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:15 am

would be a special element, but you could implement something .. you might add it such that a load would set the axial force in the element so element does not have to deal with time in the domain and possibly a timeseries lass.

abbasp
Location: International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES)

Post by abbasp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks dear fmk. As another question, I have two types of element in one domain which one of them should be solved by Newmark Method and the other should be solved by a new integrator. Is it possible to define these two methods in a common procedure?
I mean, for example:
For elements No. 1, 2 & 3 use Newmark method and for element No. 4 & 5 use new method.

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:38 pm

what do you mean by the elements need to be solved by Newmark and the other by something new .. do the elements iteerate?