Compling DLL for Adding a New Element in Fortran

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

dray

Compling DLL for Adding a New Element in Fortran

Post by dray » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi all,

I`m going to embed a new element into OpenSees in Fortran. I tried the trussF.f example provided in the SVN. When I was compiling, I got the errors

"error link 2019: unresolved external symbol _ops_getintinput_, the symbol was quoted in function _trussf_" (I translated it)
"error link 2019: unresolved external symbol _ops_getdoubleinput_, the symbol was quoted in function _trussf_"
"error link 2019: unresolved external symbol _ops_allocateelement_, the symbol was quoted in function _trussf_"
"error link 2019: unresolved external symbol _ops_getnodecrd_, the symbol was quoted in function _trussf_"
"error link 2019: unresolved external symbol _ops_invokematerialdirectly_, the symbol was quoted in function _trussf_"

I kind of know this is because the functions in elementAPI.f were not recognized by the compiler. The question is what should I do to solve this problem?

Many thanks.

dray

Re: Compling DLL for Adding a New Element in Fortran

Post by dray » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:21 pm

I was thinking I missed the minPackageC.lib. But it still doesn`t work after I compiled the file and added it into the project.

Finally I found out this example works.

...\tags\Release_2_2_2_a\PACKAGES\NewElement\fortran\TrussF.vfproj

Maybe I was using some out-of-date codes. Always check the newest version!