Debug newMaterial.dll: breakpoint could not be hit

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

hobbylofty

Debug newMaterial.dll: breakpoint could not be hit

Post by hobbylofty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 am

Hi,
I built one new material.dll and attached the solution to OpenSees.exe to debug. However the breakpoint in my solution cannot be hit.
I developed one new material for OpenSees and succeed in generating it as dll (for example named it as myMaterial.dll). Also the OpenSees can load myMaterial.dll file by testing in test.tcl script.
However, I found the material doesn't work properly. So I want to debug my dll solution (myMaterial.sln) in vs2010.
I put opensee.exe, the myMaterial.dll and the test.tcl in one directory and set the directory in the work directory.
After my solution was attached to (attached to: automatic, local machine) the progress OpenSees.exe, I run the test.tcl in the OpenSees prompt, but the breakpoint could not be hit.

Then I carried out the following options: go to the menu Debug->window->module, I found in the module window that the myMaterial.dll was not loaded.
I guessed the OpenSees.exe load the myMaterial.dll when the openSees.exe run the command related to the myMaterial. Thus at the beginning when the solution myMaterial was attached to OpenSees.exe, the myMaterial.dll was not loaded.

In order to debug the myMaterial.dll, I need to hit the breakpoint in the myMaterial solution. Do you have some solutions to hit the breakpoint in the material.dll solution?

Zhihao
Department of structures
Rome Tre University