New source code of OpenSees v1.6.0

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

pkante
Location: University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering

New source code of OpenSees v1.6.0

Post by pkante » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 pm

Dear Frank,

As I am using OpenSees with incorporated macro element model (MVLEM) for dynamic analyses I have some questions. For now I have been using the basic source code of OpenSees 1.5.2 to incorporate our element into it. I have notice that in these days you have lounched the new version of OpenSees 1.6.0 source code.

Does this version have any important improvements regarding the older version or it is just adapted to the new version of the TCL language (v.8.4.6)?

Do I have to make a lot of changes in the code of my new element to satisfy the new source code of OpenSees v.1.6.0?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
Peter

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:07 pm

Peter,

The new release is not just for the latest tcl. there are new elements, materials, recorders and a number of bug fixes.

The interface for the Element class has not changed (unless the reliability boys have added something since 1.5.2), you can do a diff on the two 2 see if any changes have been made. The main element interface has stayed the same since 1.5.0.