beam column element source code

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

shisha

beam column element source code

Post by shisha » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:31 am

Hi All,

Earlier I had said that I had build problems with Opensees1.5.2. I used the 1.4 version and it compiled successfully.

I added the timoshenko elasticBeamColumn element to the 1.4 version successfully (I can give the code if anyone needs it). If anyone can give me suggestion to fix the compilation problem in 1.5.2 (see earlier post by me) it would be helpful in addign this element to the latest version.

I also want to add the beam column element with point plasticity hinges at its ends that takes moment rotation curves, shear-deformation curves as input to represent material nonlinearity. If anyone is working on this or have code related to this kindly respond.

shisha.
shisha.

dinochen1983

Re: beam column element source code

Post by dinochen1983 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:28 pm

can you tell me how to add a type of element into opensees by changing the source code???
Structure Engineer and CAD/CAE Programmer
Form South China University of Technology
http://www.dinochen.com

rjaeger

Post by rjaeger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

You can add your own element by creating a copy of one of the element templates in the source code directory SRC/element. Look at OpenSees Days 2006 (could not find 2007) for an example of creating a new element: http://opensees.berkeley.edu/workshop/O ... cKenna.pdf
dinochen1983 wrote:can you tell me how to add a type of element into opensees by changing the source code???

Katrin

Post by Katrin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:21 am

From looking at the source code I thought that in Opensees the elasticBeamColumn element is implemented as Bernoulli beam and not as Timoshenko beam. Am I mistaken? I was just wandering because Shisha had stated that he had implemented the Timoshenko element in an older version.

If anyone could clarify this issue that would be great.

Many thanks, Katrin

johnnyontheweb

Post by johnnyontheweb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 am

Dear shisha,
I'm trying to do the same with the newest version of opensees, I cannot understand why fmk didn't included your code; I kindly ask you if I can have your code for the Timoshenko beam in order to use it.

thanks

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 am

i don't add what i don't receive!

johnnyontheweb

Post by johnnyontheweb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Sorry, I didn't know this. If shisha would send the code, I'll ask you to add it

thanks

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:32 am