OpenSEES citations and documentation

For posts concerning the documentation, errors, ommissions, general comments, etc.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

dschmuhl

OpenSEES citations and documentation

Post by dschmuhl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:57 am

Hello all,

I am in the final stages of writing my thesis, and as such I am putting together all my citations. I would like to know if there are specific technical documents that have been made available to the public that detail the development of the available materials and elements in OpenSEES? For example, I would like to give a paraphrased description of a displacement beam column element and create a formal reference and citation for the creator's work on said element. I know there are brief descriptions in the user manual and sometimes slightly more developed descriptions on the Wiki. But there is typically never a link to any technical documents (journal papers, dissertations, etc.) and it is difficult to track anything down using Google/Google Scholar.

Anyways, I would like to create references for truss, dispbeamcolumn, and zeroLength elements in addition to Concrete03, Steel01, Steel02, Elastic, ElasticPPGap, MinMax, Series, and Parallel materials

if anyone can direct me to a collection of technical documentation or suggest a method for finding it, I would be appreciative!

Regards,
Dan