element response

For posts concerning the documentation, errors, ommissions, general comments, etc.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

pbeng

element response

Post by pbeng » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 am

Hi,

I'm trying to learn how the eleResponse command works. The documentation says that the arguments for the command are: "$arg1, $arg2 same arguments as those specified in element recorder. These arguments are specific to the type of element being used."

Going to the element Recorder documentation;

"$arg1 $arg2 ... arguments which are passed to the setResponse() element method", and
"The setResponse() element method is dependent on the element type, and is described with the Element Command."

Going to the Element Command section, I can't find anything on setResponse(). Checking several element types, nothing to be found. Please advise as to what the eleResponse command is and how to use it. Maybe I'm just missing something, but might be a good idea to clarify the documentation.

Thanks

Paul Bradford

fmk
Site Admin

Re: element response

Post by fmk » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm

the eleResponse takes the exact same args as the element recorder command.
as for internal working, the eleResponse goes to the element object and invokes the setResponse/getResponse methods. to see the responses of an element object you need to look at the class source codei if not in the documentation.