OpenSees old mannual

For posts concerning the documentation, errors, ommissions, general comments, etc.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

Post Reply
wuhaoshrek
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:01 am

OpenSees old mannual

Post by wuhaoshrek » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 am

Hi,
I was just wondering why the new OpenSees online user manual does not include
some important information which exists in the old part manual in the follwoing link:
http://opensees.berkeley.edu/OpenSees/m ... sermanual/
For instance, instructions on use of Concrete07 uniaxial material, in the old version it gives
a very detailed information while not the case in the online version.

I just thought the online user manual is supposed to be the official OpenSees user manual,
and it should be better improved.

Thanks.

fmk
Site Admin
Posts: 5866
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: UC Berkeley
Contact:

Re: OpenSees old mannual

Post by fmk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm

we have tried to repeat as many o the commands as we could. some of the options were removed, but it still looks like we forgot a few. if you see any more or want to help in the conversion let me know.

wuhaoshrek
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:01 am

Re: OpenSees old mannual

Post by wuhaoshrek » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 am

fmk wrote:
> we have tried to repeat as many o the commands as we could. some of the
> options were removed, but it still looks like we forgot a few. if you see
> any more or want to help in the conversion let me know.

Sure, I would be glad to help.

fmk
Site Admin
Posts: 5866
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: UC Berkeley
Contact:

Re: OpenSees old mannual

Post by fmk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:49 pm

you need to create an account on our wiki site. once done, send me your username and i will add you to the list of editors.

wuhaoshrek
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:01 am

Re: OpenSees old mannual

Post by wuhaoshrek » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 am

fmk wrote:
> you need to create an account on our wiki site. once done, send me your
> username and i will add you to the list of editors.

Hi frank,
My user name in OpenSees wiki site is: wuhaoshrek

Actually the concrete07 model on wiki site missed some figures which
included in the old version.

Thanks.

Hao

fmk
Site Admin
Posts: 5866
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: UC Berkeley
Contact:

Re: OpenSees old mannual

Post by fmk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

next time you log into the wiki and start viewing the pages you should be able to edit them.

wuhaoshrek
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:01 am

Re: OpenSees old mannual

Post by wuhaoshrek » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 pm

fmk wrote:
> next time you log into the wiki and start viewing the pages you should be
> able to edit them.

All right Frank, thanks a lot.

Post Reply