EXAMPLE

For posts concerning the documentation, errors, ommissions, general comments, etc.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

nima

EXAMPLE

Post by nima » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Hello,

I want to model springs for soil-structure interaction under foundations of structures.
Do anybody have an example about this topic?
Thanks

jaugalde

Post by jaugalde » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:53 am

Shallow foundation or piles?

jaugalde

Post by jaugalde » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 pm

If you are looking for examples for shallow foundations for ssi there is a PEER report coming out very shortly which thoroughly documents 2 models, thier validation, and example scripts. There is a Beam on Nonlinear Winkler Foundation model and a Contact Interface Model developed at UCSD and UCD respectively. Although undocumented, an early version of the contact interface model is already in the current version of opensees. To see its capablilites look into the publications of Prof. S. Gajan. If you are interested in this model I can provide an example used for rocking bridge foundations. Prof. Gajan has plenty of examples of shear wall foundations. Prishati Raychowdhury at UCSD would be the person to contact about the BNWF model.

zanakarimi

Re: EXAMPLE

Post by zanakarimi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Hello jaugalde,
I am modeling shallow foundations. My soil material is PDMY02. I am looking for a reference or example to start. Any help will be appreciated.

dantefrizzoli

Post by dantefrizzoli » Mon May 27, 2013 4:12 pm

I am also looking for help with this. Bump. :D
I'm a current master student at UMD researching geology and simulation software architecture. I also enjoy cycling, golf and writing for http://www.ultius.com

vjagodnik

Post by vjagodnik » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 am

I'm also looking some simple examples to start with, from geotechnical point of view.