May be a bug!

For posts concerning the documentation, errors, ommissions, general comments, etc.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

fereshtehnejad

May be a bug!

Post by fereshtehnejad » Fri May 20, 2011 2:41 am

Dear opensees group

I dont know if I can call it a bug! or there are some problems I am not aware of. I had made a post-processing program through opensees 2.1.0 in which every line of a recorder text-file corresponding to a zero length element in dynamic analysis was meant to be read, however when I upgraded to the version 2.2.2.g, the interpreter didnt read lines to the end of the file and after reading 1923 lines (out of 1967), it jumps out of the reading-loop. It should be noted that in the former version the interpreter successfully reads all the lines to the end. Here is the command that I used to read the lines:

set infileID [open data/ZerolengthFor17.out r]
foreach line [split [read $infileID] \n] {
if {[llength $line] != 0} {
incr m
set help $line
set force(17,$m) [lindex $help 3]}
}
close $infileID

I am seeking your help
Thank you

fmk
Site Admin

Re: May be a bug!

Post by fmk » Fri May 20, 2011 10:33 am

the recorders in 2.2 no longer open and close the file during the running of the program .. they are opened once and closed when the recorder is deleted, typically when the program ends ..
this may be the cause of your problem if you are reading before the recorder actually finishes writing ... you can issue the remove recorder coommand if this is the case.

fereshtehnejad

Post by fereshtehnejad » Fri May 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Thank you dear fmk. By adding the "remove recorders" command before the aforementioned line reading command, the problem was solved. :D

le2night

Post by le2night » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 am

just "wipe" after the analysis and before you post process