PySimple1Gen and PySimple1 Material

For posts concerning the documentation, errors, ommissions, general comments, etc.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

jose leo

PySimple1Gen and PySimple1 Material

Post by jose leo » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:55 am

I am presently using OpenSees for my research in investigating the effects of foundation flexibility on buildings in Bangkok supported by piles in soft clay and sand.

For a simplified analysis, I am utilizing two-dimensional frame models of the buildings being studied, being symmetrical in plan and elevation, and supported on piles and nonlinear soil springs using zerolength p-y elements and dashpots.

My particular inquiry is about generating the PySimple1Gen command in my main input, specifically on the sourced File5 "PyMaterials.tcl", wherein everytime I run OpenSees with TclEditor I receive this message.."Invalid MatType in PySimple1Gen.cpp.". when I check the sourced file5 "PyMaterials.tcl" all my inputs for the material properties of the p-y elements are gone and erased..and with just a comment heading appearing.

I really appreciate it very much if you could advise me to resolve the error and give light to the matter. Your helpful advise is really of great contribution to the success of the research I have undertaken.

Thank you very much.

Jose Leo C. Mission
AIT, Thailand

p.s.
do you have some other example files using the PySimple1Gen and PySimple1 Material commands in OpenSees/Tcl? Thank you.

Boris

PY generation

Post by Boris » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:47 pm

Try contacting Scott Brandenberg (sjbrandenberg@ucdavis.edu) as I think that he worked on those and might have some updates.

Boris