Distributed load on quad element

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

twsleeper

Distributed load on quad element

Post by twsleeper » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:04 am

Hello everyone, as I know we can use eleLoad -type -beamUniform to apply a distributed load on beam element. If I want to apply a uniformly distributed load on quad element, could I use the equalDOF command to connect an elastic BeamColumn element and a quad element, and use the eleLoad command to apply distributed load to transfer load to quad element ?

bobstarcher

Re: Distributed load on quad element

Post by bobstarcher » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:14 pm

The eleLoad command in OpenSees is typically used to apply concentrated or distributed loads directly to structural elements, such as beams, columns, and frames. However, the approach you've suggested, involving the use of equalDOF to connect an elastic BeamColumn element and a quad element, is not a standard or recommended approach for applying a uniformly distributed load to a quad element geometry dash lite

Rubinsa

Re: Distributed load on quad element

Post by Rubinsa » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:51 am

Hello all, Could you find any recommended approach to apply distributed load on quad elements? Did the mentioned approach work well in your analysis?