PlateFiber and J2PlateFiber nDMaterials

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

alfonsogdr

PlateFiber and J2PlateFiber nDMaterials

Post by alfonsogdr » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:24 am

Hello, I have a question related with J2PlateFiber and with PlateFiber nDMaterials. At the source code in the method setTrialStrain(), which is called by SectionForceDeformation object (in my case I am using MembranePlateFiberSection), when it creates the strain tensor with the strains_from_element I don't know why strain(1,2)=strain(2,1)=0.5*strain_from_element(3) and strain(0,2)=strain(2,0)=0.5*strain_from_element(4), shouldn't it be the other way around? Because strain_from_element(3) is EpsXZ and strain_from_element(4) is EpsYZ isn't it? This also hapens when it creates the stress tensor. Thank you very much, there may be something I am missing.

mhscott

Re: PlateFiber and J2PlateFiber nDMaterials

Post by mhscott » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:05 pm

Those are shear deformations from the plate section, not material strains at a point.

EduFlexedu

Post by EduFlexedu » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:32 pm

Over the most recent decade, the ubiquity https://eduflex.info/ of anime has soar. Westerners and East Asians the same appreciate it. In Japan, liveliness is alluded to as "anime." Japan-style movement popular for its brilliant, energetic varieties and enchanted subjects is considered beyond Japan to be a Japanese style liveliness.Anime can be tracked down in various spots, remembering for TV, in cinemas, and, surprisingly, on web based web-based features. Anime is well known in light of the extensive variety of material it covers. Notwithstanding sentiment, they offer humor and the most exceptionally acclaimed spine chiller.

alfonsogdr

Post by alfonsogdr » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:04 am

mhscott wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:05 pm
Those are shear deformations from the plate section, not material strains at a point.
Thank for your answer Prof. Scott. In the case of MembranePlateFiberSection strain_from_element(3)=root(5/6)*strainResultant(6) where strainResultant(6) is EpsXZ from the element and strain_from_element(4)=root(5/6)*strainResultant(7) where strainResultant(7) is EpsYZ so I thought that those shear deformations from the plate section should be also in XZ and YZ planes respectively. Again, maybe there is something I am missing. Thank you very much.