OpenSees infill wall element model problem

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

elifyildirim

OpenSees infill wall element model problem

Post by elifyildirim » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:03 am

I am working on a 3D reinforced concrete frame system model with infill walls in OpenSees. I used Kadysiewski and Mosalam (2009) element model for infill walls in my model. I followed the steps given in https://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/inde ... Command_in_ .
There are some issues with time history analysis results:
* “Collapse Recorder” generates a file that records the infill walls damaged and removed from the model while the analysis continues (collapse_sequence.out file in the example). However, this file remains empty throughout the analysis.
* When I plot the IP-OOP displacement capacity diagram for infill walls or a P_IP (kN) vs M_OOP (kNm) interaction diagram, I can see that the analysis data results exceed the capacity. Damaged walls need to be removed from the model along with their nodes. However, I can record displacement data from the center nodes of the infill walls with "node recorders" throughout the analysis.
* Do you think there is a problem with my model? How do you decide if the infill wall is damaged?
I would appreciate it if you have any comments or suggestions.
Thank you in advance for any help.

elifyildirim

Re: OpenSees infill wall element model problem

Post by elifyildirim » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:39 am

up

mhscott

Re: OpenSees infill wall element model problem

Post by mhscott » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 am

Sorry, it's too hard to offer input based on your post. Simplify your model until the results make sense, then build the model back up again.