Pushover analysis

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

xinyi

Pushover analysis

Post by xinyi » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:17 am

Hi,

Currently I am facing issue on the pushover curve while trying to run an analysis on the corbel connection. The model is a simple beam-column connection with only a beam and a column. There is a pin support at both top and bottom of the column and a roller support at the middle of the beam.
Please enlighten me or point out my mistakes cuz Im a first time user of the Opensees. Appreciate much for your help :D

################################################################################
# CorbelPushover_211105.tcl
################################################################################
source CorbelGravity_211105.tcl

puts "ooo Analysis: Pushover ooo"

# SET RECORDERS

# Global behaviour
recorder Node -file Pushover_Horizontal_ReactionsX.out -time -node -dof 1 reaction
recorder Node -file Pushover_Storey_DisplacementX.out -time -node -dof 1 disp

# ANALYSIS

set tStart [clock clicks -milliseconds]

# Apply lateral load based on first mode shape in x direction (EC8-1)
set phi1 1;
# pattern PatternType $PatternID TimeSeriesType
pattern Plain 2 1 {
# load $nodeTag (ndf $LoadValues)
load 7 10.0 0.0 0.0
}

# Define step parameters
set step +1.000000E-05;
set numbersteps 10000;

# Constraint Handler
constraints Transformation
# DOF Numberer
numberer RCM
# System of Equations
system BandGeneral
# Convergence Test
test NormDispIncr 0.00001 100
#algorithm NewtonLineSearch <-type $typeSearch> <-tol $tol> <-maxIter $maxIter> <-minEta $minEta> <-maxEta $maxEta>
algorithm NewtonLineSearch -type Bisection -tol +8E-1 -maxIter 1000 -minEta 1E-1 -maxEta 1E1 pFlag 1
#integrator DisplacementControl $node $dof $incr <$numIter $?Umin $?Umax> 100 +5.000000E-08 +5.000000E-06
integrator DisplacementControl 7 1 $step
# Analysis Type
analysis Static

# Record initial state of model
record

# Analyze model
analyze $numbersteps

# Stop timing of this analysis sequence
set tStop [clock clicks -milliseconds]
puts "o Time taken: [expr ($tStop-$tStart)/1000.0] sec"

# Reset for next analysis sequence
wipe

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Pushover analysis

Post by fmk » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:13 pm

i suggest you post a simple example outlining your problem .. you have provided not enough information to provide any guidance .. as you are a newbie, a simple problem will force you to understand how OpenSees works and will hopefully enlighten you as to the mistake you are making.