ExplicitDifference available?

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

structuresguru

ExplicitDifference available?

Post by structuresguru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if the "integrator Explicitdifference" analysis method is really available in the most recent version of OpenSees?

I'm getting the following error message: "WARNING No Integrator type exists". However, I'm running Version 3.3.0 64-bit, so I seem to be missing something since it appears to be available in OpenSeesPY.

Any help would be appreciated.

mhscott

Re: ExplicitDifference available?

Post by mhscott » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:26 am

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like it's not in the Tcl version and also the Py version is not actually reading any inputs. Should be easy to fix.

structuresguru

Re: ExplicitDifference available?

Post by structuresguru » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:23 am

Thank you very much for the speedy reply.

If possible, will you let me know when the fix has been implemented? I'm trying to evaluate wall-clock run times using various transient analysis methods (explicit vs. implicit--and I think I'd like to use explicit if possible) for a few trial cases before I conduct a large batch of simulations. It seems that the leap-frog method may be suitable for my application, so I'd like to see how it does in comparison to central difference.

Thank you again for your help.