Push analysis doesn't converge

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

ankurjain

Re: Push analysis doesn't converge

Post by ankurjain » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:53 am

geoStru wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:57 am
ankurjain wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm
geoStru wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:06 am

I am attaching the link for the folder you can read and run my file tcl. With "Procedura.tcl" you run the analysis.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
let me know
yes this one is totally converging...no -3 error...

Now the issue is whether the result of this analysis matches with the one from SAP2000 or not ?

Because I have done one pushover example that converge well but the same result didnt matched with that of SAP2000...means not even little bit close....
Any idea if you have tried matching the result with SAP2000 ?

If you have done any then kindly share both SAP2000 and opensees file so that i can compare .
Thanks in advance
I didn't compare the pushover analysis with sap. I compared the eigen and static analysis with sap2000.
Do you thing the push is wrong?
Can you attaching the two results? Have you got fb? We can try to speak, it's very difficult in this way
yes sure lets chat on fb...

www.facebook.com/ankurjain1992

geoStru

Post by geoStru » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:51 am

ankurjain wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:53 am
geoStru wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:57 am
ankurjain wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm

yes this one is totally converging...no -3 error...

Now the issue is whether the result of this analysis matches with the one from SAP2000 or not ?

Because I have done one pushover example that converge well but the same result didnt matched with that of SAP2000...means not even little bit close....
Any idea if you have tried matching the result with SAP2000 ?

If you have done any then kindly share both SAP2000 and opensees file so that i can compare .
Thanks in advance
I didn't compare the pushover analysis with sap. I compared the eigen and static analysis with sap2000.
Do you thing the push is wrong?
Can you attaching the two results? Have you got fb? We can try to speak, it's very difficult in this way
yes sure lets chat on fb...

www.facebook.com/ankurjain1992
I wrote you. Let me know

geoStru

Post by geoStru » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 am

selimgunay wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:56 pm
Does it have a convergence issue right at the beginning of pushover? If it is somewhere in the following steps, you need to try other adaptive solution strategies than those given. Here is an example
Dear selimgunay and mhscott,
during my pushover analysis I got the convergence when I set like "control point" a point of the end of the column (for example 141).
Now I should change the control point with NodeMaster of the top floor. When I run my analysis, it doesn't converge. Why?
I set the rigid diaphragm on each floor and static and eigen analysis are ok

selimgunay

Post by selimgunay » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Do you also apply your pushover force pattern to the master nodes of floors?

geoStru

Post by geoStru » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm

yes I apply my forces to the master nodes, now I changed "variable maxNumIterStatic" 20 to 200 and it seems converge.
sorry for the off topic but in general, when I try to run the analysis with the same model, sometimes they don't converge (only a few parameters like the angle of the push-forces or the geometry of the columns change)
I can't understand the reason because when analysis converged the results seem ok