Need Help on modelling strength deterioration/degradation with distributed plasticity

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

CONSTY

Need Help on modelling strength deterioration/degradation with distributed plasticity

Post by CONSTY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Hi,
I need help on modelling strength degradation , with fiber section - force based element . My analysis consists of Pushover analysis and IDA of a 3D moment frame. The model works fine but does not capture strength degradation; I used various material models such as Ramberg Osgood, Hardening Material, Multilinear Material, but they do not capture strength degradation. I understand that few material models exists in opensees that capture it, and that the IMF Bilin Material is applicable to concentrated plasticity. Is there a way to model strength degradation with distributed plasticity elements ?

Thank you in advance.

selimgunay

Re: Need Help on modelling strength deterioration/degradation with distributed plasticity

Post by selimgunay » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:08 pm

CONSTY

Re: Need Help on modelling strength deterioration/degradation with distributed plasticity

Post by CONSTY » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 am

Thank you. I will try that.