Trubles with newer OpenSees versions

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

xantis85

Trubles with newer OpenSees versions

Post by xantis85 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:57 am

Hello to everyone!
I was using the 3.0.3 version of Opensees but there were some problems. In particular, when trying to use the nDMaterial PlaneStressUserMaterial the software gave me this output: "PSUMAT - NOT DEFINED IN THIS VERSION, SOURCE CODE RESTRICTED".
So I decided to upgrade to newest version 3.1.0. But in this case, other problems with simpler material arises. In particular, I found this problem when trying to construct a Reinforced concrete section for fiber analysis. I construct the fiber section with pach quadr and layer straigth, but after the definition of the first fiber section, the software crashes. The identical scripts were working with version 3.0.3.

The problem is that i have to use the nDMaterial and the fiber sections in the same script.

Is that possible to fix these bugs in the version 3.1.0?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

selimgunay

Re: Trubles with newer OpenSees versions

Post by selimgunay » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Do you have any previous versions that you can use?

rcwall

Re: Trubles with newer OpenSees versions

Post by rcwall » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:10 pm

As far as the nDMaterial PlaneStressUserMaterial is concerned, the source code of that element isn't free and therefore not included in the official version of Opensees. To use that element you have to download an old version of the software, released by the PlaneStressUserMaterial authors at http://www.luxinzheng.net/download/Open ... enSEES.htm
The version they publish is quite old, so if you also need newer functionalities on top of that, you'd better write and kindly ask them for a more recent release.