OpenSees

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

tejaext

OpenSees

Post by tejaext » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:37 am

The OpenSees Getting Started manual provides a step by step instruction on how to obtain, install, and use OpenSees. For users who have never used OpenSees or a command line interpreter, it is a useful document to read before you go any further.
Hi, I'm Teja. I'm a Blogger living in India. I am a fan of technology, education, and web development. I'm also interested in reading and entrepreneurship. You can read my blog: TheITbase

davidclark

Re: OpenSees

Post by davidclark » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:15 pm

The OpenSees getting started manual was great. I got the step by step info. I can go wrong if I didn't read it.
I'm a passionate blogger and have written a blog post about iStockNow.
More:iStockNow

pjordan0

Post by pjordan0 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 pm

I heard about OpenSees a few years ago from my friend. It's is one of the best software for analyzing geotechnical systems such as earthquakes. I am curious to get more info on it
Paula Jordan is a blogger and freelance content writer. She writes for many blogging platforms as well as clients. She also a publisher on many blogging platforms.

susmithreddy

Post by susmithreddy » Mon May 10, 2021 10:58 am

OpenSees is a proprietary object-oriented, software framework created at the National Science Foundation. It allows users to create finite element applications for simulating the response of structural and geotechnical systems subjected to earthquakes. Prior to taking on the name "OpenSees," the framework was simply called "G3" in reference to the name of the PEER research group tasked with simulation development. The doctoral thesis of Frank McKenna on parallel object-oriented structural analysis formed the basis for "G3."
Myself SusmithReddy the Writer and Blogger Techmediatoday.com