Problem with using DataBase commands in OpenSees

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

nithinvl

Problem with using DataBase commands in OpenSees

Post by nithinvl » Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 am

Hello,
Has anyone used the DataBase Commands in OpenSees wherein we can save and load the states of model during any analysis ?

I tried using them as follows (contained in run_analysis.tcl) :
source model.tcl
database File model_rc_frame
save 454545
This will save the model in the state after the analysis done in model.tcl.

Once the run_analysis.tcl ran and after exiting from OpenSees, I opened OpenSees again and I loaded the saved model state using restore command (contained in load_model_analysis.tcl) :
database File model_rc_frame
restore 454545

I am getting the following error :
FEM_ObjectBrokerAllClasses::getNewUniaxialMaterial - - no UniaxialMaterial type exists for class tag 37
FiberSection2d::recvSelf -- failed to allocate double array for material data

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Problem with using DataBase commands in OpenSees

Post by fmk » Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 am

the material you are using: Concrete07 was not added to the ObjectBroker code, i have added the code. if you can build the beast that is OpenSees you can start using the code know.

nithinvl

Re: Problem with using DataBase commands in OpenSees

Post by nithinvl » Fri May 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Dear fmk,
Thank you very much for your kind reply.

(1) I dont know how to compile the source codes. Could you kindly compile that latest version and update the same in the website ? Also I tried to download the source codes for the latest version 2.5.0 from http://opensees.berkeley.edu/OpenSees/d ... wnload.php . But I am unable to download as the link page does not exist.

(2) I simply replaced Concrete07 with ReinforcingSteel material to just check whether the code is running. The previous error (FEM_ObjectBrokerAllClasses::getNewUniaxialMaterial - - no UniaxialMaterial type exists for class tag 37) is not showing now. During my first run of the code (script1.tcl), I am doing just a gravity load analysis and then saving the model. During the second run (script2.tcl), I am loading the saved model and then doing a cyclic pushover analysis (I could do gravity load analysis and cyclic pushover analysis in a single script. I am doing in two runs to learn the use of the DataBase commands). Now a new error is showing up while running script2.tcl as,
invalid command name "timeSeries"

(3) Could you tell me whether the usage of Database commands limits the use of some commands (maybe timeSeries command) which otherwise could be executed (without any problems) without the use of Database commands ? If so, could you tell the limitations of using Database commands ?

Using the database commands will greatly reduce the time for my analyses. Hence I kindly request for your help in this issue.