Building Tcl Installation Issues

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

SarmadShakeel

Building Tcl Installation Issues

Post by SarmadShakeel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:29 am

Hi,
I tried to install BuildingTcl according to instruction mentioned on as mentioned on Installation page but I had few glitches during installation.
1-After extracting the buildingTcl to Program files C:/Program Files/BuildingTcl, the first thing i noticed the contents of folder are bit different to as mentioned on download instructions.
2-When I try to Install BuildingTcl by double-clicking the installation file: BuildingTclInstall.bat, nothing happens, therefore I tried another thing, I extracted all files on my desktop and from there then I copied myBuildingTcl.tcl and myBuildingTclViewer.tcl files to C:/Program Files/BuildingTcl. And then i changed their address by opening then with notepad to C:/Program Files/BuildingTcl.
3-Finally when I ran myBuildingTclViewer.tcl, it worked but whenever i try to test material or add a new one or i try to do anything I simply get this error

invoked from within
".wBuildingTclViewer.pwPanes.frame.fSaveButtonsFrame.lTestFrame.bAnalyze invoke"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
(procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 24)
invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .wBuildingTclViewer.pwPanes.frame.fSaveButtonsFrame.lTestFrame.bAnalyze"
(command bound to event)

P.S. I copied the OpenSees.exe and OpenSeesTk.exe to program files folder and I have latest vesrsion of Tcl installed as available on OPenSees website.

here are screenshots

http://s21.postimg.org/5zed2ny5j/Capture.png

http://s21.postimg.org/5zed2ny5j/Capture.png

http://s21.postimg.org/spdhvnhd3/Capture2.png

Best Regards

Sarmad

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Building Tcl Installation Issues

Post by fmk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:58 am

silvia no longer looks after the buildingTcl at the website .. i will however ask her to see if she has time to look into the problem .. being from Italy will help your cause.

silvia

Post by silvia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:07 am

sounds like you are not running it from within OpenSees.
Silvia Mazzoni, PhD
Structural Consultant
Degenkolb Engineers
235 Montgomery Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA. 94104

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 am

you want to run the script with OpenSeesTk and not wish (the tcl interpreter installled when you installed tcl and that the windows would set up as the default to run all files with a .tcl extension)

SarmadShakeel

Post by SarmadShakeel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 am

Dear fmk and silvia,

Thanks a lot!

I was using wish application as default for my input files. Now changed it to OpenSeesTk.exe and it worked!

Best regards
Sarmad