Recorder not recording

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

AdrianCrowder

Recorder not recording

Post by AdrianCrowder » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:49 am

I have set up a twoNodeLink element in a model and I'm recording its force and localDisplacement using element recorders. After the transient analysis (and a good wipe!) I check my output files but the displacement recorder only has the time stamps. Any thoughts?

More details:
I'm modelling and EBF frame, and have made a 2 node test file to match the link hysteresis to experimental work. This test file runs a static cyclic analysis and I get both outputs I need. Copy and pasting that element into my EBF frame model, everything is the same except this time it's a transient analysis with some different tests, integrators, and algorithms, but no avail on the output of the recorders.

Best regards,
Adrian

esi_opensees

Re: Recorder not recording

Post by esi_opensees » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:18 am

Did u define mass command?

AdrianCrowder

Post by AdrianCrowder » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Yes mass has been defined. The modelling is running as expected, I'm using a visual display and I can see the nodes moving and there are no errors, but afterwards when I go to check the output it only has the time value.

My first thought was that my recorder had an non existent type (displacement, force, etc...), but it worked perfectly fine in my simple model.

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 am

if you see the timeStamps and nothing else on the line then the command is wrong, either incorrect or nonexistant nodes, dof or incorrect disp at the end of the line