DataBase Commands

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

xantis85

DataBase Commands

Post by xantis85 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:56 am

Hi ,
I'm trying to use the DataBase command in order to allow the use of save and restore commands for my model.
I tried this command with related command "save" on a small model and it worked, but when I'm trying to use with a bigger model, using the same materials and elements, this command gives me the following error:

ZeroLength:: sendSelf -- failed to send Material1d 2
Domain:: send - element with tag 2121 failed in sendSelf
FE_Datastore::commitState - domain failed to sendSelf
WARNING - database failed to commitState

Could it be something related with the size of the model, or there's necessarely something wrong in my script ( whithout this command it perfectly works )?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Marco.

fmk
Site Admin

Re: DataBase Commands

Post by fmk » Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 am

what material are you using with the zerolength element .. also how about posting a 2 node, 1 material, 1 element model which replicates the problem.

xantis85

Post by xantis85 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:52 am

In this zeroLength element I got two uniaxialMaterial elastic (with very high stiffness) and a Pinching4 material. If I eliminate the Pinching4 material the commands work. The problem is that I'm trying to use a joints scissor model that provides each parameter for this material. Can the commands Database, save and restore be used with all materials or are they limited only to a subset of uniaxial materials?

Thank you in advance,
Marco.

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu May 29, 2014 3:40 pm

limited to a subset and Pinching4 obviously not there. if needed desperatly we can put it in!

xantis85

Post by xantis85 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:32 am

Actually, I've to run about 48000 NTHs in wich I apply two sequential records to a 7floor-8span building modeled with limit state material. I'll use a grid computer to run parallel analyses and, given that the RAMs used by OpenSees always increases also if the single NTH is complete, I would like to use save and restore in order to reduce the data volume for each NTH. So, actually, I need it desperatly and, if possible, I would be very grateful if you could put it in in the next OpenSees version.
Thank you very much.
Marco.

mtnm

Post by mtnm » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use database/save/restore command for a simple 2D frame, but it does not work when using "Corotaional" geomTransf!
Am I missing sth or database/save/restore command does not work with "Corotaional" geomTransf?!

Thanks.

xantis85

Post by xantis85 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:04 am

Hi,
if possible, I'd be grateful if the pinching4 material is added to the next version of Opensees.

Thanks,
Marco.