OpenSees SNOPT

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

reagan

OpenSees SNOPT

Post by reagan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi...

I've been trying to download OpenSees SNOPT to be able to run some OpenSees-based optimization... Is this available as a built executable or source code...? If source code is available, are there any instructions available on how to compile...?

Thanks...

Reagan...

fmk
Site Admin

Re: OpenSees SNOPT

Post by fmk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Hello Reagan,

it is not yet available. it is due but i am not sue what the status is.
you cannot compile it yourself as you need access to a very special library which we are not allowed to give out.
let me forward this to those who know more to see if they can provide you with an update on the situation and when it will be available.

frank.

rafal

Re: OpenSees SNOPT

Post by rafal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Dear Frank,

The video and presentation from the Opensees days 2012 by Quang Gu on SNOPT Optimization features in Opensees is very interesting, however there is no documentation and no examples on Opensees wiki page.

What is the status of SNOPT in Opensees: is it compiled in executable files? What about compiling snopt from sources - seeing that e.g. snopt.h and other snopt files are missing in the Opensees sources?