I need help with "recorder display" command

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

denizutkutug

I need help with "recorder display" command

Post by denizutkutug » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:51 pm

I am having difficulties in creating my own display window by using "recorder display" command. I cannot configure the window in accordance with the following commands, "prp, vrp, vup, vpn, viewWindow, plane, port, projection, display". Several examples are posted at OpenSees Example Primer, yet there is no information regarding the arguments followed by the preceeding commands. I would be very glad if anyone helps me.

Best Regards. :D

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:43 pm

I also have the similar problem: what 's the arguments do?(prp ...)

nibas

Post by nibas » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:00 am

I have the same problem...
and i think that it is very important to see my structure, in order to chek it's accuracy
:?
Nibas
Civil Engineer
Ph.D. Candidate

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:16 am

we have not got the graphical output of the program finished/implemented to our satisfaction .. and until it is WE WILL NOT BE DOCUMENTING WHAT WE HAVE .. this is because the existing commands may be changed/modified/deleted and we don't want to have to deal with the PROBLEMS?HEADACHE associated with making the final commands backward compataible with the temporary ones that are there now.

as for what the current commands PRP, VUP, VPN, VRP, etc., are, these are just the primitives used commonly in computer graphics for rendering a 3d object to a 2d graphical screen image. a google search using all these terms will bring up many hits of many articles which show their definition. BE WARNED THEY MAY OR NOT ALWAYS BE PART OF THE INTERPRETER.