Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe
Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:56 am
- Location: NED university of Engineering and technology
What is the advantage of modeling displacement based element as compare to force based element?
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:53 pm
it's up to you and what you want from analysis.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:52 pm
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:17 am
- Location: Reykjavik University
Force beam element converges more quickly using more numbers of integration along the element while the displacement beam needs more element to accurately represent a structural member. That beeing said it depends on input and output.