incident angel

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

mkfotouhi

incident angel

Post by mkfotouhi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi
In my nonlinear analysis I need to know the critical angel of the structure, so I need to impose the earthquake record in all angels to the structure. In Etabs, there is an option to introduce the inciding angel of the record, but in opensees I have not find the same option. I want to know how I fixed the incident angel in opensees? (Be aware that I should use two horizontal component of an earthquake in one nonlinear analysis in different direction)
Thanks
M.K. Fotouhi
PhD student, Iowa State University

pejman_opensees

Post by pejman_opensees » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:02 pm

I think you are gonna have to impose EQ in both direction simultaneously in ration of 1 and 0.3.
Pejman

mkfotouhi

Post by mkfotouhi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:38 pm

Dear Pejman
I want to analyse the model to find the critical angel. What you mentioned is the design code recomendation for desiners. I need to surf all incident angel to find the critical direction of a nonsymetric structure. How is it possible in opensees?
M.K. Fotouhi
PhD student, Iowa State University

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:34 am

there is no similar command in opensees, you have to model it by playing with inclined supports and use multisupport or play with model orientation.