Willing to contribure

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

lucky0002

Willing to contribure

Post by lucky0002 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Hello ,
Me Aditya , a student at an Indian university( Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad) working on a semester long project.
I am willing to work on Porting of lapack routines to OpenCL.
But as a part of my curriculum I have to demonstrate something, so I am searching for applications of my work.

So please let me know if you have any suggestions for me , it very be very kind of you.
If your work uses some lapack routines internally that are time taking ( SVD, eigen value/vector calculations, Matrix factorizations , matrix matrix calculations), please let me so that I can look forward in integrating my work with yours.

Thanks and regards
--
Aditya Patel

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Willing to contribure

Post by fmk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:35 pm

if you want to write a solver using OpenCl feel free. you can start with any of the existing lapack ones and convert it.
when done i can point you to some scripts to test it. if you are using windows, you can build and test the code using
the current exe and creating a .dll containing your code, there is an example in the OpenSeesDeveloperOpenSeesDeveloper.tar.gz
found on the follwoing page: http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... _Developer