error while compiling OpenSees 1.6.2 with VC++ 6.0

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

ouyang

error while compiling OpenSees 1.6.2 with VC++ 6.0

Post by ouyang » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I got the following error information when I compiled the OpenSees 1.6.2. Looks like the error is related to these two lines in SuperLU.h:

superlu_options_t options;
SuperLUStat_t stat;

I can not find where the superlu_options_t and SuperLUState_t come from. Anybody knows what is wrong with it?

thanks

Ouyang

..\..\..\src\system_of_eqn\linearSOE\sparseGEN\SuperLU.h(78) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'options'
..\..\..\src\system_of_eqn\linearSOE\sparseGEN\SuperLU.h(78) : error C2501: 'superlu_options_t' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
..\..\..\src\system_of_eqn\linearSOE\sparseGEN\SuperLU.h(78) : error C2501: 'options' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
..\..\..\src\system_of_eqn\linearSOE\sparseGEN\SuperLU.h(79) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'stat'
..\..\..\src\system_of_eqn\linearSOE\sparseGEN\SuperLU.h(79) : error C2501: 'SuperLUStat_t' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
..\..\..\src\system_of_eqn\linearSOE\sparseGEN\SuperLU.h(79) : error C2208: 'struct stat' : no members defined using this type
C:\DownTemp\opensees\OpenSees\SRC\actor\objectBroker\FEM_ObjectBroker.cpp(324) : warning C4065: switch statement contains 'default' but no 'case' labels
C:\DownTemp\opensees\OpenSees\SRC\actor\objectBroker\FEM_ObjectBroker.cpp(344) : warning C4065: switch statement contains 'default' but no 'case' labels
Error executing cl.exe.

openSees.exe - 6 error(s), 2 warning(s)

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:59 pm

i no longer have acces to a machine running vc6.0 .. i only update the vc.net projects.

we have moved to version 3.0 of SuperLU .. naturally they have changed the interface
on us so the old code would not work with their new API .. the new code is in
OTHER/SuperLU_3.0/SRC directory .. you need to change the include
directory path in the project settings to this directory from OTHER/SuperLU .. i have not
yet removed that directory from the repository though i will soon.

you might also find that you need to include the SRC/system_of_eqn/linearSOE/diagonal
to some other projects and add the files in this directory to the system project.

ps. if someone knows what they are doing and want to send me the updated vc6.0 projects i will put them in the repository for evrybode else. i will also hunt around for someone who has vc6.0.

pps. unix users will have to change the location of the SuperLU directory in their Makefile.def

ouyang

Post by ouyang » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:37 am

ok. Let me migrate my compiler from vc++6.0 to vc.net. Thanks.

ouyang

ouyang

Post by ouyang » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:43 pm

fmk,

I have installed vc.net. I can compile opensees1.6.0 successfully but still get a lot of error messages for opensees1.6.2. Are you going to update the project for win32?

thanks.

Ouyang