Built-up sections

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

adarshss

Built-up sections

Post by adarshss » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:49 am

Hey guys,

Is it possible to model built-up fiber sections in OpenSees? For example, by putting two channel sections back-to-back. The relative positions of the individual components also affect the geometric properties like the area moment of inertia in such a section.

Thanks,
Adarsh

mhscott

Re: Built-up sections

Post by mhscott » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:57 am

Yes

adarshss

Post by adarshss » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:31 am

Thanks for the reply, professor. Meanwhile, I had been doing some searching on my own. I think I found out how to do it. I believe one has to divide the individual components as rectangles and use 'patch quad' with the coordinates of the corners defined relative to the centroid. I hope that this is the correct approach.

MuhammadHassan

Steel sections and Trusses

Post by MuhammadHassan » Fri May 13, 2022 6:33 pm

Hi everyone.

I want to know that can we create the steel sections like angle sections, double angle sections, channel sections etc. Is there any specific command available for the specific section?? If not then is there a way to create these section and form a truss bridge with them for analysis.

Thanks,
Hassan

horacelebsack

Post by horacelebsack » Wed May 24, 2023 11:53 pm

Establish a Fiber getting over itSection. Axial force-deformation and moment-curvature curves are independently calculated numerically for the case of the uniaxial section.