Modelling a structure that follows a specific material model

Forum for asking and answering questions related to use of the OpenSeesPy module

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

MereenBaloch

Modelling a structure that follows a specific material model

Post by MereenBaloch » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:27 pm

Hi all,
I am looking to model a SDOF structure to perform time history analysis against earthquake loading. My primary objective is to model the structure in such a way that its global force-displacement hysteresis response should follow a specific uniaxial material model (flagshape uniaxial material model). Secondly, I need to carry out the analysis with different period structures. That means I should have flexibility in varying section properties in order to adjust the structures period accordingly. I have couple of options to do so with fibre sections and non-linear beam column elements. But issue with using fibre section is that the global force displacement response of the structure may not necessarily follow the material model I am using since the global response in this way will be a combination of responses at different element level.
Any lead how I can model the structure to meet my desired objectives is highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Mereen