Help With Possible OpenSeesPy Arguments

Forum for asking and answering questions related to use of the OpenSeesPy module

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

cslotboom

Help With Possible OpenSeesPy Arguments

Post by cslotboom » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:20 am

Hey,

I'm looking to create a wrapper of the OpenSeesPy package that includes dostrings. The dream is that this will automatically be generated from the .rst files.

Basically convert this:
https://github.com/zhuminjie/OpenSeesPy ... Length.rst

To this:

To do this I need to parse all .rst accurately and get the arguments among other things. However, I'm struggling with understanding the possible arguments - could someone in the know lend me a hand?

As I understand it we have 9 possibilities, see a-i:

a - start tag
used to denote the specific type of "sub function", they affect the entire function behavior.
b - a standard argument.
These always occur before any "tagged" arguments
c - chevron optional argument group start
The beginning of an optional argument group. Some optional arguments are grouped by chevrons, I'm not sure why..
d - chevron optional argument group middle/end
The middle/end of an optional argument group
e - chevron tag
A optional argument tag. Only the inner text is passed as an argument. For example <-'TAG'> is included, only the string '-TAG' is passed to the argument.
f - tag
These are used to denote 'special' inputs, and are followed by a set of arguments.
g - tag argument
These are arguments that follow an input tag. Sometimes they are optional, sometimes they are required. They always occur after basic arguments.
h - tag wrapped optional argument:
A optional argument. These may be needed for different dimensions? I'm not sure why these are different than other optional arguments.
h - basic optional argument:
A optional argument.

Does this sound correct? Any category I may be missing?